Members of the Social Security System (SSS) who will pay their as of May 1 are now required to obtain a reference number (PRN), an official said.

If it is a self-employed person or a volunteer member, the The reference number will be sent by e-mail or SMS, but if it is formally employed, it will be sent to the employer.

Members can register for the PRN on My.SSS, Atty said. Sau Mapalo, head of department of SSS.

But Defend Jobs Philippines believes it will only add to the hardship for workers.

According to Christian Lloyd Magsoy, spokesperson for Defend Jobs, the SSS’s RPN system is not functioning properly, resulting in delays in reimbursement and penalties for members.

During this time, no appointments will be accepted at SSS offices in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal.

If there is a request, it will be left in the drop boxes, which will be collected by SSS employees inside for processing.

Even though this is a small staff, as many are already receiving COVID-19 in the SSS, those in the drop box would be dealt with one by one, Mapalo said.

Mapalo also called on SSS members to register for My.SSS and apply online.

The SSS admitted that their website sometimes crashes due to a large number of registrants, but this was fixed immediately.

SSS members now need a payment reference number to pay loans

How to apply for SSS unemployment benefits online

  • Members must log into the My.SSS account and click on “request request for services ”under the e-services tab.
  • Provide all relevant information such as active savings account registered through Bank Enrollment Module (BEM), job category, date of involuntary separation, reason for involuntary separation and name of employer where the member was separated.
  • Read the certification carefully before clicking on the “Submit” box to accept and proceed with the request. SSS will send an email notification.
  • Members must respond by attaching the scanned images of the certification issued by the Ministry of Labor and Employment (ALMS) or by the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), with notice of termination from their employers or affidavit of termination, as applicable.
  • SSS will again send an email notification regarding their request for benefits.

Source link